Saturday, November 10, 2007

first africa blog dedicated to victoria!

i'm alive!

i'm in maseru, the capital. we got in yesterday, it's sooo beautiful here! and today i learned a little sesotho. it's all hot and sunny and i turned into a lobster because i'm dumb and don't use sunscreen... my co-peace corps people are all really awesome. the bo-me (women) that are our language teachers are totally great, too. it's disconcerting being a spectacle every time i leave the training center, though. it's like i got two heads or i pooed myself or something, everybody stares and yells random things i don't understand. i'm in training until january 10, and i won't know where my site will be until week 6 or 7 of training. I think i'll do really well here, though. it'll require a lot of patience and flexibility and whatnot, but i usually get excited by most anything, and there is so much here to be excited about... I love all the new experiences and sights and smells and such. the food isn't too new, but it's alright. kinda bland. i'm making friends with victoria, the cooking lady. today we talked about TLC (the r&b group, not the treatment). the internet is SO SLOW we have all sorts of plans. sunday is dance party, thursday is talent show day, oh crap gotta gooooo


love you all forever!

p.s. VICTORI-UH.

4 comments:

Slayde said...

I've been compulsively checking your blog and now, success! Good to hear you've arrived safe and sound. I'm so glad your schedule had you stopping in DC so I got to see you before you took off! My exciting news since Monday is that I was offered a job in Alaska next summer. Adventures!

Nora said...

Hurray! I can't wait for more of your adventures...

Anonymous said...

REBECCA!!!!!!!!Go girl! We love you!! (just be safe)
love, momma

Unknown said...

sorry i tried to send you a video just to taunt you with how you can't watch it for 2 and a half years :) glad you're updating your blog

love you
jen