Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The day i rejoined 21st century society

Back from easter vacay! In action! FULL EFFECT. We went to Cape Town and it was incredible! Man, holy shit, they have grocery stores there that are huge! And they have a whole entire aisle for cheese! I just stood and gawked for a while, my friend had to prod me along or else I would have been there all day. I think they have that stuff in the states too, huh. Whatever, lesotho grocery stores have two aisles of food, period. I got lost in the grocery store, there were like 20 kinds of pasta. All I bought were some pickles though. I think my logic function shut down.
Anyway, 5 of us rented a car and drove 11 hours on the wrong side of the car/road to cape town. I was one of two drivers, and the only victims were the front left hubcap, and a v. small speeding ticket (equiv. of going 72 in a 65 zone sort of thing, yeah I know, LAME) anyway, I’m proud of myself. We went on a wine tour in Stellenbosch wine country, and I met a cute Australian at the hostel and kissed a boy for the first time in 5 months, so that was fun. Then we went to cape town and danced the night away and I got to see the beach. And I ate at a restaurant almost every day. I ate so much food, I got kinda sick. So rich. AND< id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5181648533283152418" style="DISPLAY: block; MARGIN: 0px auto 10px; CURSOR: hand; TEXT-ALIGN: center" alt="" src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YW2qUQNImqs/R-jp4zFEIiI/AAAAAAAAAFg/6Gav6oTIr7g/s320/P1110115.JPG" border="0">

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOXES! I see that you've already been picking those fun phrases from the nether regions!
I miss you!
Everything's fine in Portland, I'm just finishing up my thesis and will be done soon. I wish that you could be here to hang out with Tessa and me this summer too!
I'll send you an email soon, I promise!
Love,
Cylinders

Anonymous said...

sounds sweet. im just going to assume you definitely got cheese with those pickles. if not... what? im writing you a letter.

Anonymous said...

that was blake just now