Thursday, January 10, 2008

ha-HAH! I continue to surprise with more posts

some photos!! the first two are from the front door of my roundavel. rocken, huh? in the first one you can see the mission.









the children, they love me. they love the camera more though. they made me take pictures of them for like an hour.










this pic is from today, at the swearing in ceremony. these are our "new volunteer" faces. Madeline is in the middle, and victoria is on the right.














These are the bo-me, our language trainers in traditional dress (they're called seshoeshoes (pronounced seh-shway-shways)).




So i think i might forego my previous career aspirations and just become a zombie. I'm already functioning as little as one, and i feel like i'm just stumbling around in a haze of sleepiness. Maybe some brains would fortify me. A couple friends have taken to napping during the day and then staying up late and keeping me company, or rather, they just feel like reading a book until 2 in the morning and it's nice because they're with me, and i can pass out on the couch easier.



oh! though. i'm a real live volunteer now! we had swearing in today, and leave in the morning to start our lives as pcvs. i will miss people, but i'm glad to be done with training finally, no more in-betweenness. i can start teaching and living in one place and be awesome. and then maybe i'll sleep. today i met nancy, the ambassador's wife, and it was cool. The ambassador was wearing a super-awesome straw fedora type hat today, and it was baller. and i got to wear a pretty dress that i complemented with band-aids all on my knees cuz i scraped them up. and then i ate a lot of food, and everyone made fun of my food baby because i looked 3 months pregnant. the pattern on my dress actually did a pretty good job of concealing it. and then i bought gummy worms. the end.


i uploaded a bunch of photos to facebook, i'm not sure how to share them on here, but if you have facebook, check em out

17 comments:

Nora said...

Hurray for pictures! You look good.

Anonymous said...

You must have been reading my mind! I was hoping you'd start posting pictures.

You look great, the children look like they're having a great time and the countryside looks beautiful.

You're sounding better, which is also great.

Nora said...

Also, on Facebook there should be a thing on the bottom right corner that says "Share+" that you can click, and it'll give you a link to your album, which you can post anywhere..

Anonymous said...

What an awesome view!!And you look beautiful...and the children's faces say it all! I will have dad or blake help me with Facebook.

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful, Rebecca! Nice to see what you look like (facebook, etc) Saw your player cards on someone's site - nice!

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun meeting you at the swearing-in! I hope you get internet access from time to time. See you in March pool side. Since you said you liked my husband's hat I might even make chocolate chips AND brownies!

Anonymous said...

To Becca's friends...her dad and I called her. It was great to hear her voice.(we woke her up, so she is sleeping some) She loves her new location and feels safe.

Slayde said...

It is nice to see pics (I particularly like the food baby one) and to read that you are doing better.

david santos said...

Hi Rebecca
A beautiful place here!
Excellent post! You are Master.
Thank you.
have a good day

Anonymous said...

becky omg those pics are breathtaking, and you dont look so shabby yo self. damn, i hope you got my package! if not ill make a new one to send to a new address.
xoxo.
nen corn

Anonymous said...

Hey Rebecca, glad to see your doing good. I like the pictures. I'm also really jealous of your summer weather...I'm actually wearing footed pajamas right now...(Yes they do make them for adults, and I suggest you invest in a pair!)
I'm thinking of moving out to the good ol' mountain kingdom in August, so hopefully I will be seeing more of you.
I'm glad you noticed my Dad's hat! When I was a bratty middle schooler I used to hate his hat collection, but now I think its pretty pimp.

Oh you guys should be happy to know I am saving up trashy American magazines to send to you guys!
Take care!

Anonymous said...

Has anyone talked to or heard from Becky since January 16th?

Anonymous said...

Hi Blog readers....Jen's mom asked if anyone had heard from Rebecca. We have called her on the phone twice. There is an 8 hour difference. It was so wonderful to hear her voice! She reports that she is doing well, that it is so beautiful there. A town is 6 hours away, so internet access is poor.There may be someone in the village who has a computer she can use,but electricity is sporadic. I'll post comments from now on when we call her.

Anonymous said...

Whoops, I mean 10 hour difference.

Anonymous said...

Bex' dad and I call her every Sunday. She has received Mark/Molly's pkg, and Jen's mom's....She will get another blog out end of March or early April, hopefully. She is doing very well.

Rethabile said...

Hi,
Remember, it's one seshoeshoe, two or more lishoeshoe /dee-shway-shway/ and seshoeshoes.

sefate (tree)
lifate (trees)

sebata (beast)
libata (beasts)

and so on. "li" and "lu" are pronounced /dee/ and /du/ respectively.
Best

Rethabile said...

I meant to say NOT seshoeshoes...