Saturday, October 27, 2007

10 things that quicken the heart

i found this blog: http://snoreandguzzle.com/?page_id=11 This person is compiling a list of 1,000 things that quicken the heart, made up of small lists sent in. What are these lists? you ask. here's what the site sez:
"A common japanese tradition...As a form of meditation, or therapy, it is common to prepare a “list of 10 things that quicken the heart.” The list is supposed to describe the small things in life that make one happy, and which makes existence slightly more tolerable." i loved reading it, and have made my own list (yes, of 11 things. so what)...

11. glitter

10. going out to breakfast with friends, slightly hungover, and ordering eggs benedict and rc cola

9. walking through mud barefoot and having it squish between my toes, (alternately: making flubber or oobleck at work and letting it squish between my fingers)

8. falling over in the shallows at the beach

7. a nice glass of whiskey, with ice

6. a nice pint of microbrew, on tap

5. joking around with 2nd graders

4. dancing to cheesy pop music

3. anime

2. kisses on the cheek

1.long hugs, where i can nuzzle the base of their neck


at least that's what i have now. i keep thinking of other things, oh well. if anyone does read this blog, you should make a list, and send it to me so i can anally compare it to mine

1 comment:

Kylie Jo said...

Hi Rebecca! There are some of us that have Facebook and we keep in touch through that. If you have Facebook, add me...catlover0525@yahoo.com and then you can see who the Lesotho people are from there. We've been writing back and forth about packing and what to bring and all that kind of stuff here lately. It was great to hear from you! So, where are you staying since you're not in Portland anymore? By the way, Portland is an absolutely gorgeous city and I love it out there! I visited out there last summer and was in Portland a couple of times. I stayed in The Dalles most of the summer. Beautiful places in Oregon, that's for sure. Like I said, add me on Facebook and I'll catch you up on our group members thus far! Take care and I'll be seeing you in D.C. in 6 days...yikes!!!
Kylie J. Krick